Howe Hall AIMS to hold gunman safety drill Thursday | News
GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC)- A safety drill at Howe Hall AIMS scheduled for Thursday morning will simulate an active shooter on campus to tests emergency personnel response.
Berkeley County School District is holding the two-hour safety drill at 8 a.m., Thursday, October 11. The drill is in conjunction with Berkeley County Emergency Preparedness, Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, and the Goose Creek Police Department.
According to a description of the training scenario, an "armed gunman" will enter the school and "shoot" three faculty members and two children in the main office.
The "gunman" will then hide. The main office and south hallway will be used for the scenario.
Emergency vehicles will be called to Howe Hall AIMS, and parents have been notified of the training scenario.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Goose Creek Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Motorcyclist released from MUSC after catching fire on I-26
- Report: Man arrested after lying about gun in his possession
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in North Charleston
- Select Health of SC raises $5,000 for Lowcountry March of Dimes
- Cops: Suspect beat, robbed man after inviting him over for beers