Goose Creek's Tramel Terry officially commits to Georgia | News
GOOSE CREEK, SC (WCSC)- The highest-rated senior high school football player in South Carolina is ready to start his college career.
Goose Creek High School's Tramel Terry made his commitment to Georgia official this morning as he signed his scholarship. Terry is graduating this month, and will enroll at UGA in the spring, allowing him to take part in spring practice in Athens.
Today, he talked about the lesson he learned after the Goose Creek Gator's season ended in an office building after being disqualified from the playoffs.
"That taught me to never take a play off," said the wide receiver. "I didn't know when my last game was going to be. It was kinda tough trying to deal with it. At the same time you've got to realize there's a lot more things in life than just football."
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top Goose Creek Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Motorcyclist released from MUSC after catching fire on I-26
- Report: Man arrested after lying about gun in his possession
- Police investigating drive-by shooting in North Charleston
- Select Health of SC raises $5,000 for Lowcountry March of Dimes
- Cops: Suspect beat, robbed man after inviting him over for beers